SF Chefs 2010

>> Thursday, August 12, 2010


One of the best things I love about living in the Bay Area, is that San Francisco is considered such a foodie city - and because of that, we get lots of cool events!


I just recently subscribed to Sunset Magazine (think Southern Living for the West Coast), and I was browsing through on my Staycation, I saw the advertisement for SF Chefs! (Photo credit: Sunset Events)

It's a weekend full of events that celebrate food and cooking! It looks at the best of Northern California, and all we have to offer in way of food, wine, chefs, and amazing restaurants. There are a lot of awesome celebrity chefs coming, including Tyler Florence - I wish I could meet him! :)

They are offering cooking classes, food tasting/wine tasting, a restaurant tour of several San Francisco restaurants, and one thing I would love to attend - a Sugar Party - put on by several local pastry chefs, and they all have to use local artisan ice cream!! I wonder if they'll use Bi-Rite Creamery? Yum!

Also (and no, I'm definitely not promoting this! :) ), it's hosted by Visa Signature - I've heard things on the radio advertising all the perks of having a Visa Signature card (like better tickets to concerts, chocolate tasting events, etc), but we didn't have one. But you can get insider perks even at SF Chefs, just by having a Visa Signature card.
Wouldn't you know, my husband and I JUST got one - like last week - just got one. We did it, not knowing it was a signature card, in order to rack up sky miles to help pay for plane tickets when we go visit family back East.

If you're on the West Coast, you can find out all about the SF Chefs 2010 event and lineup of events here: SF Chefs 2010.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!