Refreshing Blackberry Lemonade

>> Saturday, August 21, 2010


The lazy days of summer are slowly dwindling, and it's definitely starting to show signs of cooler weather here in Northern California.

Who am I kidding - it's perfect weather here all the time, and it never really got over 90 degrees with no humidity this summer! :) I LOVE the weather here.

This lemonade takes me back to my summer's in high school when I spent 8 weeks doing a mission's trip in Mexico, and I would get Agua Fresca from the street vendor's and my favorite restaurant "The Hill" - so aptly nicknamed because it was in fact, on a hill.

Agua Fresca is just fresh fruit juice mixed with sugar and water - and they have awesome flavors like mango, watermelon, strawberry, and even cinnamon.

This lemonade is so super refreshing, and perfect for an afternoon get together with friends, serving at a barbecue, or at a fancy evening dinner party.

It's easy enough to not overwhelm you, but good enough for people to think you did something amazing - which you did! :)

It's a great way to use up those awesome summer berries that are starting to be on sale since it's getting close to the end of the summer. i.e. I got my blackberries on sale for buy one get one free!!

** Don't forget to enter the CSN giveaway. Tomorrow's the LAST DAY!!! **

FRESH BLACKBERRY LEMONADE (From: Love and Olive Oil)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup raw or cane sugar
3 cups water (divided)
2 cups blackberries
3 lemons, juiced
Ice

Directions:
In a microwave safe container, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Heat on high for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir until sugar is dissolved. (You can do this on the stove by bringing the water to a boil and dissolving the sugar over medium heat - but microwave method is much quicker!) Set aside and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, juice the lemons, and in a large bowl or pitcher, muddle the blackberries with the lemon juice until very smooshed! :)


**Don't laugh at me using a garlic press to muddle my berries - I don't really have a "muddler" - so in other words - use whatever you got!**

Pour in sugar syrup, remaining 2 cups water, and a few ice cubes and stir. I used my awesome Pampered Chef pitcher that has a mixer built in!
Pour over a glass of ice (you can strain the blackberry pulp - my pitcher got most of it, but I liked having a little in there). Garnish with a sprig of mint or lemon!





2 comments:

hiiamjess January 31, 2012 at 8:56 PM  

Hi! I love your blog, it sounds great and I will be trying soon. My big question for you is where did you get that picture? I have been looking everywhere for one that nice and all I come up with are Rubbermaid and a Dr. Brown. I really don't want to use either of them when serving guests. If you remember where you got it from please let me know. Thank you -Jessica

Rebekah February 4, 2012 at 6:38 PM  

Hi @hiiamjess, Thanks! Glad you like it. :) The pitcher is actually a vintage one. It's Fenton hobnail milk glass. I find a lot of it at old antique stores and estate sales, but I think I got this one on Ebay. I love it, and collect quite a bit of milk glass.. it's my favorite! :) Hope that helps.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!