Baby Sammy

>> Sunday, September 5, 2010


Hi There.. Did you miss me? :) I've been temporarily absent! Not on purpose. Life is just a little busy. I have been cooking, but don't always have the time to take the pictures and such.

How are you spending your Labor Day Weekend?

We're having a cookout in our new place! Very excited to have the staff families from South Bay Church over for some fun, relaxing, and eating. We are so blessed to be part of such an awesome team, and we LOVE getting together! Especially when eating is involved.

I'm also very excited I don't have to work on Monday! How about you? Do you have to work? I'm so sorry if you do! Please forgive me as I'm gloating in my non-work mode, eating hamburgers and such!

This weekend, the girls of the South Bay staff threw an adoption baby shower for our pastor's wife and friend Stacie. They just adopted a little boy from Ethiopia, and he is amazingly cute! Such a happy one he is! Sammy Wondimu is almost two, and the timing worked out just great that she was able to bring him to the shower!
Ugh!! Adorable! :) I love this picture of them!

The South Bay Church Staff Wives with Sammy

We did an Amy Atlas style dessert/candy table, and it was so fun! I don't think our's held a candle to Amy Atlas, but we're also on a budget, and don't have nearly the resources. haha. We did the safari theme since Sammy is from Ethiopia, and the colors worked perfectly. He was just happy to have the sweets keep coming! ;)

My pictures turned out HORRIBLE because the sun was shining through at just the right time, so the lighting was awful, and when it had moved, all the guests had arrived, but I took some just to show you anyway! You'll get the idea.

The Full Dessert Bar (Don't look at my car in the background, it was too late to move it - ha)
The Safari Theme Cake (Aimee hand cut the fondant elephants! Amazing!!)
The colorful candy and cupcakes



"Welcome Home Sammy"
The staff girls had such a fun time planning and prepping! We are so blessed to have each other since we all moved here with no family, etc. We all like to be crafty, creative, and fun, so we feed on each other's ideas too! Making the tissue paper pom-poms or "puffs" as I like to call them ha, was easier than we thought!
You can find instructions on making these here:
Congratulations Stacie! We are so excited for you!!!

3 comments:

carissa September 6, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

oh what fun! sammy is beyond adorable! i'm so excited for them. the dessert bar looked perfect. the decor was absolutely stunning. good work! : ) the elephant cake is my fave!

p.s. - of course we want to see you when we come out! we'll be there nov 1 - 12. we'll plan something! looking forward to it!!!

p.s.s. - we looked into that venture card and it sounds superb. we are going to get it! it's way better than the amex delta skymiles we have. thanks for enlightening us!

The Power Family September 13, 2010 at 6:21 AM  

SO SO precious!!! Makes me want to adopt a child from Ethiopia too!! :) You never know what God has in store!?!!

Lynette April 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM  

I just love what you have done here and I shared a link on my blog where I was discussing adoption baby showers. Please email me if you would rather me not include it (journey2adopt@gmail.com) Congratulations tothis darling family. The party is beautiful. The photos are amazing. God bless!!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!