An Adventurous Weekend!

>> Monday, September 13, 2010

Well, I don't know about you, but I sure had an eventful weekend!

Saturday alone, this was our fun-filled schedule:

1. Wake up
2. Get a phone call and got the news our 99 Honda Civic had sold (it needed a very expensive repair that would cost half as much as it was worth, so not worth fixing... we had just started trying to sell it on Friday)
3. Run 10k mileage for my half marathon training
4. Find a car online worth going to look at
5. Realize the car is 2 1/2 hours away
6. Drive 2 1/2 hours to look at the car
7. Buy the car
8. Remember that 2 1/2 hours away holds a CHICK-FIL-A!!! So we eat at said Chick-Fil-A
9. Drive separately 2 1/2 hours home since we had bought the car

Seriously, never made such quick decisions in our life! :) But I think it was good for us, and stretched us, as well as made Archie and I feel a little closer!


This 99 Honda Civic was my first and only car... I've had it since high school!!! My parents bought it brand new, and when I went to college and got married I bought it from them. So, I've never even had the chance to pick out a new car. She has been old faithful.

I drove back and forth from college for my first nephews baby showers and birth, came to see Archie while in college (in fact I was driving this car the night I met him), I drove back and forth to grad school both ways in this car, Archie and I drove cross country on our move from South Carolina to California in this car, and I drive it all around town for my job.

If I would have know the last time I drove it was going to be the last time... I would have given her a little heart to heart about how grateful I was! :)

So, without further ado, here is the new Pacifica. If our plans had gone according to what "WE" planned, we would have made the Civic last another year, saved up and bought something we really wanted... but we don't always get to plan :), and God blessed us with wisdom, finding the right one, and a perfect replacement. It was under budget of what we said we would spend, big enough, and we were still able to pay in cash!
The best part of the trip was remembering there was a Chick-Fil-A in Sacramento, and stopping by! We don't have those in the Bay Area, so it was a real treat!

So, with such a busy weekend, we needed quick and easy meals! This is definitely one! I always scour the web when grocery shopping time comes up and come up with new meals to make, and I found this one over at the Picky Palate. These Steak and Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Corn and Tomato Relish, are easy enough to make a quick weeknight meal, but fancy enough to feel like something a little special. The goat cheese pairs perfectly with the steak!
Steak and Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Corn and Tomato Relish: (from the Picky Palate)
Ingredients:
4 steak cuts of choice, grilled
salt
pepper
garlic salt
8-10 flour tortillas
2-3 Tbs. softened or spreadable butter
1/2 cup goat cheese


Corn Relish
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 can corn, drained or 4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

DIRECTIONS:
1. Grill the steak to your preference, seasoning with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. After cooked, cut into bite-sized pieces and keep warm.
2. To make corn relish, heat olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn kernals, tomatoes, cilantro, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, until warm and fragrant.
3. Spread butter onto one side of a tortilla. Place butter side down onto a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle one side of tortilla with goat cheese, and a couple spoonfuls of steak. With a spatula, fold tortilla over filling, and cook each side until browned and crisp. Transfer to a plate and top with a spoon full corn relish and other toppings if desired (sour cream, salsa, extra cilantro).

3 comments:

Patrick September 13, 2010 at 11:37 PM  

Congratulations on the new car! Looks really nice. I hope it will bring you as much happiness and good memories! :)

The Power Family September 14, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

I also have a Pacifica!! I LOVE my car...hope you enjoy yours too!! :)

Emily September 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

Love the new car - silver is always my color pick :)

The quesadillas look amazing...will have to try these.

And can you believe I don't think I've ever been to Chick-Fil-A?

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!