Pink Champagne Cupcakes

>> Wednesday, June 30, 2010



I have a slight obsession with cupcakes.. if you haven't already noticed with these Gooey Chocolate Cupcakes, and these Mini Chocolate Ganache Cakes. I know the Mini Cakes are actually cakes, but they are MINI cakes.

I love cupcakes. They are the perfect dessert. And I especially love them since I bought these amazing little things. Especially for only $3.95 each. I couldn't even find them that cheap at Target, Ross, anywhere...

I made these pink champagne cupcakes for a wedding shower for a friend and fellow OT at work last week. They are so pretty! And super moist. I love having the option for a shower like that of having regular cupcakes and mini cupcakes for people who maybe don't want a whole cupcake. And the secret is: THEY ARE SO EASY! You just use a cake mix and add champagne!
The hubby and I are heading to Vegas to visit some friends this weekend! I can't wait!! I'll post some pictures next week. What are you doing for 4th of July???

Pink Champagne Cupcakes (From: bettycrocker.com):
Cupcakes:
1 box Betty Crocker white cake mix
1 1/4 cups champagne (I used Beringer sparkling white zinfandel)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 egg whites
4-5 drops red food coloring

Champagne Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup champagne
1 tsp. vanilla
4-5 drops red food coloring

Garnish - Pink Sanding Sugar (recipe follows):
1/8 cup white sugar
1/4 - 1/2 drop red food coloring

DIRECTIONS:
FOR CAKE
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for dark or non-stick pans). Line 24 regular sized or 48 mini cupcake pans with paper cupcake liners - I used 1 large pan and 2 mini pans.

2. In large bowl, combine dry cake mix and champagne. Add oil, eggs, and food color. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 min. Divide batter evenly among muffin pans.

3. Bake 17-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from baking pans. Cool completely about 30 min.

DIRECTIONS FOR FROSTING:
1. In medium bowl, beat frosting ingredients together with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.


2. Frost cupcakes using piping tips.
3. Add sugar to food processor, and chop until superfine consistency. Add 1/4-1/2 drop red food coloring and mix using a fork.


2 comments:

Emily July 12, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

My goodness! How cute are those! Perfect for a baby shower!

carissa July 27, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

these are stunning. i'm convinced you should open a bakery. i just put the cookies in the oven so i'm catching up on your blog. : )

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!