The Last of Summer's Glory

>> Monday, September 12, 2011


Sorry I've been a little absent lately.....

But I've been a bit preoccupied......

I had babies in my house!

Two of them!!!

Some of the cutest babies you will ever see!

And they're twins!

Our good friends Aimee and Chris were down for a quick visit and for Chris to pick up his degree - oh, I mean become a DOCTOR! :) We've been calling him Dr. Chris all week.

We kept talking them into staying a little longer and a little longer, and before you know it, they were supposed to leave on Monday, and I convinced them to stay until Friday!! :) It made me happy.

Is this not the sweetest picture you've ever seen!!

We had so much fun, Who knew sitting around, watching youtube videos, cooking dinners together, watching babies do funny things, playing a card game, and just enjoying each other's company could result in such a heartfelt time? Oh yeah, we had a graduation, and a graduation party in there too! :) (I'll share some fun pictures from the party/decor soon) So please indulge me while I share a few baby pictures!

While they were here, the temperatures soared up into the mid 90's, and then by the end of the week, fall appeared in the Bay Area (at least for a few days), and it's been high of 69 degrees during the day, and down in the low 50's at night. So we decided to soak up the last little bits of summer, and then officially take on fall!

This lemonade is made from fresh raspberries, fresh squeezed lemons, and a little bit of love. It's sweet and tart at the same time, and the best way to enjoy those lovely little berries that are popping up just a bit less at the stores right now. Savor them while you can! Then it's on to pumpkins!!

Oh, don't worry, I've already moved on... you know how I love the fall.

Fresh Raspberry Lemonade (By:Me)
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
6-8 lemons, juiced (depending on how sour you want it - I did 6)
zest of 4 lemons
2 cups raspberries
additional 5-6 cups water

Garnish:
lemon slices
raspberries
ice

Preparation:
1. In a microwave-safe container, place the 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water. Heat for approximately 2 1/2 minutes or until all sugar is dissolved. Pour into a pitcher

2. Juice lemons and place juice into pitcher with sugar water.
3. In a food processor or blender, place raspberries and lemon zest and pulse on high until completely pureed. Strain raspberries through a fine sieve or strainer to remove seeds. Place strained raspberry juice into the same pitcher with the juice and sugar water. Whisk all ingredients together.
4. Add additional cold water to taste preference and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with garnish.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!