Chocolate Fluffernutter Bars

>> Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sometimes, when I'm writing this blog, I really question whether or not I have something interesting enough to say for anyone to actually read it.


Then I question why anyone would read my blog when there are literally thousands of cooking blogs out there.

I'm not a professional chef/cook, I'm not a professional writer, and I most definitely am not a professional photographer.

There are far better pictures to look at, stories to read, and recipes to make. Most of the time, I don't even create my own recipes. I like to change and adapt what I see, and every now and then I can create something of my own, but like I said.... not a professional chef.

I can really let it discourage me if I let myself. I can get discouraged that I don't have more readers than others, or that I didn't get as many comments on certain recipes, and all kinds of little things that get me down.

Insecurity is a nasty little bug.... it tricks us into believing the most awful things about ourself, and what God has gifted each and every one of us to do and even how we could use our gifts. Of course I'm not exactly like someone else's blog - but who would want to read my blog if I was. Of course I may not be the best photographer or writer - but I am me! And that is a beautiful thing.

This week, I have posted this scripture in my work calendar, so that several times a day, I've been able to look at it - and the meaning behind it sustains me - especially in the times when the insecurity bug strikes.

"And I pray, that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and how long, and how high and how deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled to the measure of all fullness of God."
Ephesians 4:170-20

P.S. - These chocolate fluffernutter bars are seriously delicious. You will love them. And if the weather is hot, and you don't have air conditioning in your house, just set them out, and everyone will think you just pulled them out of the oven instead of making them the day before!

P.P.S - I have been thinking about adding printable recipes (if I can get it all figured out), or at the very least a full recipe version at the end. Any thoughts? Like it, hate it, don't care? okay.

Chocolate Fluffernutter Cake Bars (Adapted from Picky Palate)

Ingredients:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 large egg
1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
8 marshmallows
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
14 ounce can sweetened condensed
1 cup chocolate chips

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.

2. In a large mixing bowl, using hand mixer or stand mixer, mix together the cake mix, softened butter, and egg until well combined. Press evenly in the 9x13 pan using fingers.

3. In a small sauce pan, combine marshmallows and corn syrup. Heat over medium heat until smooth and marshmallows are all melted evenly.

4. In a separate bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and heated marshmallow mixture until smooth.


5. Pour fluffernutter mixture over cake dough mixture. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the marshmallows mixture.

6. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. The middle will see like it is not set, and you'll want to cook a few more minutes, but don't worry - it's done. The middle will set up as it cools. Cool the bars completely and then cut into squares, and eat every single one of them all to yourself!!! ;)


















7 comments:

WhitneyB July 9, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

I think you rock & Satan sucks. And printable would be great!! xoxo my friend.

Filipe Santos July 9, 2011 at 9:51 PM  

Wow those look soooo good.

Gennie July 9, 2011 at 9:57 PM  

I may not comment on your blog, but I read if often and have tried several of your adaptations and love them all!
PS I have seen you several times at church, but I don't think that I have every officially met you. Would love to do that sometime :)

Emily July 9, 2011 at 9:59 PM  

I really love your blog!! You have a fun writing style, your recipes are yummy, and I personally think your pics are great too:)
i totally can relate to the whole insecurity thing 100%...

Jackson July 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM  

I'd totally dig the printable recipe cards. Right now when I see a recipe I like (which is pretty much every time) I copy it all into Evernote. The recipe cards would make that a bit easier.

Sarah L Poteet July 10, 2011 at 7:18 AM  

Jacey saw these and wants to make them right away! I would vote for a printable form of recipe so I don't have to keep my computer from going to sleep while baking!

Sarah

carissa July 10, 2011 at 7:38 PM  

such good Truth! i think we can always find others that we think are way better than us and then we're left feeling completely lame and self-conscious. been there. a lot. i think us women are crazy like that.

the bars, the bars, the bars! wow! yummmm.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!