A Visit to the City

>> Saturday, July 31, 2010


Yesterday, Archie and I went to San Francisco to spend the last day of our staycation having a little fun.

We had lunch at a quaint little restaurant with Ben and Mary Keel, the worship pastor at Epic Church, a church plant in San Francisco, and Southbay's first church we are supporting. It was a great time to be together with someone who is in the very beginning stages of what we've been through! What an encouragement it was.

After lunch, we headed over to Bi-Rite Market. I talked about this place once before when we had the AMAZING salted caramel ice cream. But, when we went, it was at night, and the market wasn't open. I just HAD to go back because it looked adorable. The quaintest little neighborhood market. We splurged and had a little ice cream too of course!
This was how we were welcomed to the shop! Beautiful, gorgeous, amazing bouquet's of flowers, they were breathtaking.


Fun little olive bar with some great choices

Look at all of these spices!

Better yet, look at all these cheeses!!!
We bought some from one of the samples. It was called valskaas, and it was super yummy!

I thought these old, vintage looking milk bottles were so fun

I thought all the wine bottles looked so pretty.

and of course... the ice cream!

We have really enjoyed doing nothing for the week. It was so very much needed, and I think we both feel refreshed! So does Capo.
I don't know about "ready to head back to work", but by Monday we will! ;)

I also drove the Mustang this week! For the second time... in a year and a half. For those of you who don't know, my husband drives a 67' mustang. It's a boat! And a manual! And it was made in 1967! All of these combined makes it for a quite an interesting ride. I named her "Sally" this weekend. I don't think Archie's convinced. I was just thankful to have made it home the 2.1 miles I drove in it! He had to park it. Ha. I do like riding in it though. I'll leave the driving to him.

2 comments:

The Power Family August 2, 2010 at 5:10 AM  

Those flowers are GORGEOUS!!! I need to move to the West coast apparently!! Sunflowers and hydrangeas are my favorites, but I can NEVER find freshly cut hydrangeas anywhere around here!!! =) Glad y'all had a great staycation!! =)

carissa August 10, 2010 at 3:20 AM  

you look good in that mustang!!! i must visit the market next time. the flowers are gorgeous! oh, and i didn't know they packaged their ice cream. that brings me great joy!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!