I'm Dreaming of San Francisco

>> Sunday, May 23, 2010

I had a foodie's dream weekend! :) Of course I will be paying for it in workouts all this week, but you know, sometimes you have to live it up!

Friday night, we were up in the city (San Francisco) for one of our great friend's graduation, and on the way home, a few of us decided to go to Bi-Rite creamery. My friend Carissa came to visit family out here last summer, and we got to see her and her family. She mentioned this amazing place to me while she was here, and I knew it was a must on the list of places to try! We tried to go when my mom was in town and we were in the city, but the line was down the block and around the corner for quite a ways!!! It was a definite try on another day. :) Well, let's just say that the wait was worth it! Amazing!


Let's just talk about the flavors of this ice cream for just a second. Salted Caramel, Brown Butter Pecan, Balsamic Strawberry, Honey Lavendar, Earl Grey Tea... the list goes on! I tried a sample of the honey lavender, and next time - that's my choice... soo good. But I had to try the Salted Caramel and Brown Butter Pecan. Together, they paired well, but the salted caramel was definitely the show stopper.
This is me happy because it was so good!!!

Saturday we headed to a big fancy gala for my work up in the city as well. It was at a Hilton. Every year Safeway holds a fundraiser for Easter Seals, charges a WHOLE lotta money for everyone to go, and then the employees get to go for free as a thank you, get to meet all the people, etc. It's AMAZING. Definitely the fanciest parties I've ever been to. We got to go last year too, and it is really fun. They have a full evening of events including a silent auction, families sharing stories about how Easter Seals has helped them, a show with several previous American Idol contestants performing, and then the evening end with a live band and dancing. The best part is that it's a formal event, so you get to get all dressed up and fancy!

Me and the hubs all dressed up and fancy

My lovely friend Aimee let me borrow the whole outfit! Didn't have to spend a dime. Thanks Aimee - you're a life saver!!

At the event they gave us a fabulous meal, but the dessert was really killer! I got some sort of banana caramel cake mousse thing with white chocolate on top.

and Archie got a raspberry vanilla custard with chocolate.
Each of the desserts had a chocolate stamp of the Easter Seals logo - yep! That's chocolate!!! Seriously. Amazing.

This is me being really excited to eat dessert.. especially dessert with a cool chocolate stamp!

What did you do this weekend? What yummy food can you tell me about?!

If you go to San Francisco - you must try Bi-Rite Creamery! THANKS Carissa!!!


2 comments:

The Power Family May 24, 2010 at 6:21 AM  

I finally made your peanut butter cookies! YUM!! That was the highlight!! =)

Sarah May 24, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

I went to a Gelato shop in Summerville last month and had a cone of Lavendar Honey gelato- It was delicious! Definately a fresh and unique flavor.

The new blog design looks nice and clean btw!

--Sarah

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!